Le Château de Peintre is situated ideally in the region of Uzès with easy proximity to the Roman towns of Arles, Nimes and Avignon, as well as the national parks of the Cevennes, Alpilles and the famous aqueduct “Pont du Gard”.
You won’t want to miss the famous twice weekly Provençal market in Uzès in the famous “Place aux Herbes” where you will find an abundance of good restaurants and cafés.
The château comprises of 8 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, 2 reception rooms, dining room, full and modern kitchen, billiard room, powder room, and laundry. Additionally, there is a garden apartment with 1 bedroom and bathroom.
You will find the following configuration:
Ground Floor : The ground floor comprises 2 reception rooms, a dining room, kitchen, billiard room, powder room and laundry.
First Floor :
* Master bedroom suite with 180cm bed, dressing room and en-suite bathroom with bath
* Bedroom 2 with 160cm bed and ensuite bathroom with bath
* Bedroom 3 with 160cm bed with ensuite bathroom
* Bedroom 4 with 160cm bed
* Bedroom 5 with 150cm bed
* Bedroom 6 with 2 single beds
* Childrens’ retreat to accommodate 4
* Bathroom with shower and bath
There is also a garden apartment with 1 bedroom and bathroom
Second Floor :
* There is a private sunbathing deck on the top floor with unrestrcited views across the hamlet and surrounding countryside.
* The grounds include a swimming pool 14m x 6m,
* A summer kitchen with barbeque,
* Orangery with table tennis
A Private lake surrounded by 4.8 hectares of woodland is a dream.
The kitchen is fitted with a refrigerator, Gaggenau oven and separate steam oven, cooktop, dishwasher, microwave, Nespresso machine and toaster.
There is a washing machine and clothes dryer and the bed linen, towels and pool towels are provided.
The grounds include a swimming pool, summer kitchen with barbeque, orangery with table tennis, and your own private lake! Housekeeping and maintenance of the grounds are included weekly, as are wi-fi, flat screen TV, DVD player, and music system. Everything you need.
The region offers a number of outdoor activities including :
– Rock Climbing
– Horse Riding
– Walking and hiking
– Canoeing on the river Gardon and Pont du Gard
– Paragliding from Mont Bouquet
– Hot Air Ballooning
– Mountain bike riding in the Cévennes
– Tasting the wines of the famous Duchy d’Uzès or nearby Côtes de Rhone
The château is situated 45 minutes from Nîmes-Garons Airport (Ryanair from Luton, Liverpool and Bruxelles),
40 minutes from Nîmes and Avignon TGV train stations
(2 hours 50 minutes direct from Paris) and Avignon Airport (Cityjet and Flybe).
The nearest international airport is Marseille Provence.
A security deposit of € 2000 is required in addition to required insurance to cover against any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property. Cancellation Insurance is also recommended.
Additional amenities include: coffee maker, cycling, washer/dryer (private), lake front, online payment, golf nearby, king bed, horseback riding.